Nowadays, taking a break from social media is more important than ever. Endless scrolling and constant news updates can consume hours of our day, seriously impacting our mental health and lifestyle. If you’ve noticed that doomscrolling on X (Twitter) started to seriously affect the quality of your life, most probably, it’s probably time to delete your account permanently.
Whether you’ve decided to take a temporary break or delete your X (Twitter) account permanently, we are here to help you regain control over your scrolling habits. In this guide, we'll walk you through the steps to delete your X Twitter account forever, even if you've forgotten your password, and share a great tool for deleting tweets.
Deleting X (Twitter) Account Forever
If you want to delete your X (Twitter) account permanently, follow these steps:
- Select Settings and Support.
- Go to Settings and Privacy > Your Account > Deactivate Your Account.
- Click the red Deactivate button, enter your password, and confirm.
Your account will be removed after 30 days of inactivity. If you want to activate it again during these 30 days, simply log in again.
Before deleting forever your X account, you may probably want to save those memories. You can easily do this by downloading your X (Twitter) archive:
- Click More (on a browser, on the left side of the screen) or your profile icon (on the mobile app).
- Navigate to Settings and Privacy > Your Account > Download An Archive Of Your Data.
- Enter your password and the authentication code sent to your email or phone.
- Click Request Archive and wait for the download link (it usually takes around 24 hours for the archive to be ready).
You’ll receive a link to download your archive on your email that you’ve used to sign up on X (Twitter).
Deleting Account with a Forgotten Password
Forgot your password? No worries. Follow these steps to delete your X or Twitter account without it:
- Click Sign In on the X platform.
- Select Forgot Password.
- Enter your username, email, or phone number.
- Verify with the code sent and create a new password.
Now you can delete tweets using the usual X (Twitter) deletion method above.
How to Delete All Tweets From Your X (Twitter) Account with TweetDeleter
If you just wanna start with a clean slate, it’s not necessary to delete everything. You can just get rid of your old posts and reposts (retweets). Let’s discover together the power of TweetDeleter — a powerful tool that simplifies the process of deleting multiple tweets:
- Log in to TweetDeleter with your X Twitter account.
- Use the Dashboard to filter tweets based on type, date, profanities, media, or time.
- Choose to delete all tweets or select specific ones.
You can activate the X post / Tweet saving if you want to save deleted tweets. TweetDeleter is the perfect solution for a clean slate without the hassle!
And there you have it – a guide to starting afresh on X (Twitter). Whether you're taking a break or saying goodbye, these steps ensure a smooth transition to a new digital chapter. Take control of your online presence and start a healthier relationship with social media.